Monday, April 21, 2008

praise jesus!

in case you didn't know, my family, we're not so much the church-going type. it's just not high on our list of priorities... i mean, my mom and dad both do a lot for their church but just not during that sunday morning time slot. myself, i'm just not a religion person... the whole concept is strange and a tad creepy to me but we shant get into that right now.

anyhoo... this weekend my sister decided that she wanted to go to church... possibly because of the biblical happenings (re: flood) at our house recently, who knows. i secured my seat in hell next to all my friends by remaining steadfastly in bed whilst everyone else went off to church.

it so happens that we are close family friends with the minister of the church and there is this on-going joke about how we never actually attend church anymore and he keeps joking that if we did, he'd have to introduce the family as "new members"... another thing you need to know about this church before we continue is that the congregation is predominantly... caucasian.

so they're going to church... and because it's out family, they're running out the door at the very last minute...

so as i'm blissfully (and sinfully) sleeping away, i get this little scene in my head...
my parents trying to sneak in the door and sit down while the minister is preaching away but their sneaking does not go unnoticed. the minister stops mid-sermon and proclaims:

"Dear sweet Jesus! THE BLACKS are at church!"

No comments: