Monday, November 5, 2007

statuary hijinks

"Elaborate prank leaves Oregon police station overrun by lawn gnomes"

hee hee... i don't know what it is about garden gnomes but they always make me giggle. my neighbour has some lawn ornaments--specifically cherubs and angels--and i always joke that i'm going to do something to them in the middle of the night - tip them over, place them in lewd positions, replace them with porcelain squirrels or those sesame street lawn statues you can get... one day, one day...

but back to the story... 75 lawn ornaments were stolen from various homes around town and meticulously arranged on the lawn of one house. after authorities were alerts all the figurines (including the infamous gnomes, geese, deer, and frogs) were taken to the local police station for owners to claim.

says capt. richard harrison: "We need to get them out of here. [...] Everytime I leave my office they're sitting in my chair, working on my computer. I can't seem to get rid of the darn things."

No comments: