Tuesday, January 12, 2010

well thank jesus!

"Beyonce Taking Break From The Music Industry"

says ms. fierce: "It's definitely time to take a break, to recharge my batteries. I'd like to take about six months and not go into the studio. I need to just live life, to be inspired by things again."

ugh... only 6 months? how about 6 decades?
it's not that she doesn't make interesting, catchy, or commercially successful music... the part that bugs me about her is that everyone treats her like she's the greatest thing since sliced bread or the second coming of jesus (him again?) or something... she can literally do no wrong. people follow her every move and fashion choice like a herd of sheep.

and i got interrupted half-way through my rant and i've lost my direction... in summary - beyonce and her marketing juggernaut make my skin crawl and i hope she stays away from the music industry (or any industry for that matter) for much longer than 6 months.

No comments: