Friday, January 8, 2010

bye bye money!

i just got my lowest cell phone bill ever and i'm not impressed.
the plan i have costs me $35/month for XX minutes (i forget how many exactly... more than 200) and unlimited text/picture messages. and yet, with only $0.15 (yup, only 15 measly cents) my bill is still almost $50. ridiculous.

it's the 'other fees' category that doing it...
first, there's $0.50 911 access charge which is acceptable because if the need arises for me to require emergency assistance (knock on wood) i think 50 cents is a perfectly acceptable price.
but then there's that (as koodo would put it) pesky 'system access fee'... $6.95 a month! that's almost 20% of my original $35 plan! how can the big cell phone companies get away with continuing to charge that fee when so many other companies are throwing it out the window? ~grumble~

and then there's the stupid freaking taxes... $5.54 in taxes... stupid, stupid, stupid.

so all the offending charges (excluding 911 access) on my bill add up to $12.49 - 26% of my total bill! $12.49 doesn't really sound like a lot but that $150 a year! i could be investing that shit or something!

gah... i'll take off my complainer's hat for now but i'm still not happy about all this.

No comments: