Tuesday, December 1, 2009

the definition of sad...

i've come to the conclusion that this twilight craziness is like a really strong undertow. once you're caught, there's no getting away. some people are strong enough to fight the current and keep their heads above water... but then there are those who's grasp of reality is so weak that they get sucked right down to the very bottom and drown.

shit like this makes me want to have nothing to do with the twilight phenomenon...

similar to FML, welcome to the sad, sad world of MLIT - my life is twilight. instead of saying how much their lives suck, they squeal about how much their life is like twilight... which is essentially the same as saying how much their lives suck.

here are some examples of worst drowners who really should have ended with MLISS - my life is so sad:

"Today, I decided that it is better to be single for the rest of my life than to settle for someone who is not Edward or Jacob. I'm happy with my decision. MLIT"

"Today I was a little upset. My mom keeps telling me that Edward isn't real and it was really freaking me out. What did I do? I ran straight to my room and sat next to my card board cut out of Edward and reread my favourite parts of the books. I feel so much better now! MLIT"

"Today, My mom was talking to me about marriage and I just screamed and said "I'm not getting married to anybody thats not Edward" and then she proceed to say that he doesn't exist and all i screamed was "Yes he does". MLIT"

there are SO MANY more up there that are equally sad if not more so but i was on the verge of being physically sick with embarrassment for these people that i had to stop. but not before i came to the conclusion that boyfriends/husbands that indulge their significant others' resignation from reality should be publicly castrated...

"The other day, I was laying down with my boyfriend. He put his cold feet against me and asked if he felt like Edward. I said yes. He then put his warm hands on my face and asked if I felt like Jacob. I also said yes. I have the best of both worlds. MLIT"

"My Twilight obsession has rubbed off on my husband. After taking me to the midnight showing of New Moon, he told me that if I bought him a t-shirt with "Got Bella?" on it he'd wear it to see Eclipse in June. The next morning, he told me he had a dream that he was a vampire. He's sooo my Edward!!! MLIT"

if you're caught in the current but staying above water like myself (am i ever mortified to admit that!) just keep swimming. the tide will pass and we'll make it back to the sunny shores of reality eventually. either that or an island of the bloated corpses of those who drowned will form beneath our feet and we'll be saved!

No comments: