Tuesday, May 13, 2008

looking ahead

today i got my annual pension plan statement for last year and i'm not really an investment person so i have really no idea what it's telling me but that's not the most fun part...

the most fun part is where they've pointed out for me my "Normal Retirement Date"... you see, if i wait until this date to retire, i get my full pension... but that date, that date is oh so far away... i mean, i know i'm supposed to work all my life blah, blah, blah but i've never had an exact date laid out for me to see. itmade my laugh out loud and i'm still giggling (nervous giggles) about it now.

May 31, 2048

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear....oh dear oh dear....that is so far away! I'd say thats a little depressing, but I would be lying. It is VERY depressing!

jenn said...

thanks for the encouragement...

but you're even farther away from retirement than me!