Wednesday, March 26, 2008

in a feat of unparalleled intelligence...

i wore 2 different stockings to work today.

[pause for applause]

you may or may not know that i am not a fan of wearing socks or shoes - my feet feel all confined and claustrophobic. make no mistake, i love shoes; i just don't love wearing them. but i abide my society's notion of what's decent and wear them in public.

when i'm at work, i usually remove my shoes and stow them for safe keeping, leaving my toes to blissfully wiggle free even if they are still encased in socks or stockings. (i was probably a hippie in my last life...)

anyhoo, today when i looked down at my feet after taking off my shoes it obvious that my stockings did not match... but hey, they both looked black this morning when i put them on! alas, one is opaque and the other is shear... not my free wiggling toes are cowering beneath my desk lest they be seen and judged by my co-workers.

No comments: