Thursday, March 6, 2008

e-mail snippets - part 1

Wed 3/5/2008 2:25PM

From: ME
To: people who are not me

RE: the most wonderful time of the year

I got home at lunch today only to have the plow round the corner right before me and burry the entire bottom portion of our driveway… I finally figured out how we get so much snow there – they make 3 passes around the corner; one wide, one down the middle, and a third that does the tight corner and continues on down the road but not without dumping all the shit it picked up in the corner on ours and our neighbour’s driveways. Losers also managed to clip a snow bank at the end of the driveway and topple a giant snowball into one half of the driveway… A giant icy iceberg of a snowball… I kicked it a few times and nothing happened. It comes up to my waist! So instead of actually having lunch, I spent the hour digging out the bottom of the driveway.

But it wasn’t all bad… I was sitting back of the corner in the middle of the road wait for the plow to complete its 3 passes when a little prick of a person came up behind me, drove around me and was almost half way around the corner before she noticed the plow. Idiot had to jam on the brakes and quickly back up to avoid the plow reversing for its second pass. Like DUH!!! You didn’t think I was sitting there in the middle of the road for nothing do you? So now she’s trying to back up more because I was in the perfect spot to give the plow enough room and now she’s in front of me. I can’t backup any further because another car has come up behind me and being an observant person and seeing the plow, he’s patiently waiting right behind me. But this idiot is motioning for me to back up through her back window… But here’s me not going anywhere. So she thinks maybe I can’t see her so she rolls down her window and tries to wave me back. Nope, I can still see you and nope, I still can’t backup. During all this, the plow’s honking at her like a crazy goose. Finally she has to pull into one of the driveways on the street and when the plow is finally finished, me and the whole line of cars behind me truck merrily along on our ways before she can back out of the driveway again. Funny, funny, funny…

No comments: